share

Share/Bookmark

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thinking about a 6 hour journey to see a friend of the opposite sex?

While I admittedly think like a girl when it comes to most relationship issues, there are a few things I know about how guys think, and in the situation I’m writing about today, I’m a typical guy. Sort of. Most guys would probably substitute “sleep with” in place of “date” in the next sentence but for me, date is more accurate. A guy does not spend a long weekend to visit a girl who lives several hours away with the sole intent of visiting her unless: 1) she is family, 2) they have a long history of being BFFs, or 3) he wants to date her. I think the same think would apply to girls going to visit guys as well, but I think girls might actually be more open to such a visit with a friend, especially if the guy is already attached. And girls, be clear with the guys about what you want/don’t want before a guy schedules a trip specifically to see you or vice versa. If you go way out of your way to visit a guy, he is likely to think you want to be more than just friends.


Of course, if seeing said female on a trip just happens to coincide with some other reason the guy is traveling (like to play bridge or work or visit family in the neighborhood), then hanging out and even staying at each other’s place can definitely be a totally platonic thing. I don’t really feel like expanding more on this today, but I wanted to get this basic idea out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs