share

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Next New Adventure

So, for the past 2 or 3 months I've been really high on moving because I had sort of gotten stuck in a rut on nothingness. Actually, this had been going on for over a year but I kept finding things/people that kept me amused for awhile but they've been coming and going way too quickly, save for my regular bridge partners and somewhat regular visits to friends in Atlanta. By January, the upcoming departure of more of my ATL friends became known and I was looking at options for moving again, this time more serious because in June I hit the 3 year mark here, which means more freedom to leave and probably more job options available. The influx of new young bridge friends across the country, largely thanks to Sean and BBO, made the idea of moving even more attractive.

Things certainly haven't gone as I had hoped (but surely I'm better off now than at the start of January or in October or pretty much anytime before?) and several ideas that I thought were independent of each other seemed to merge and confuse me and irritate me and stress me out and lead to my being slightly crazy. I am still very interested moving in Montreal and slightly interested in Boston and am not seriously considering anywhere else but not sure enough that it's what I really want.

Anyway, my next adventure is being in The Mystery of Edwin Drood, an unusual musical with multiple endings depending on how the audience votes on who Drood's murderer is. I don't really understand it yet, but I really love the music in the play despite having to use sort of a British accent. So, that and online bridge and working on partnerships and teammates for the summer nationals will occupy me and keep my happy for the next 6 weeks, and then I'll re-evaluate the relocation possibilities with (hopefully) a much clearer head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs