share

Share/Bookmark

Monday, April 5, 2010

Inverse Relationship Between Happiness and How Much I Post

I have decided that the number of times someone posts a status update to facebook or updates his/her blog is inversely proportional to his/her contentment with life.  I have gone back and looked at my data since November and made a chart of this. I probably should categorize the posts as some of them actually probably have a positive correlation to happiness, but in general, more posts means less happiness. I apparently rated 3 weeks as a 10 in happiness - 2 during the production of Traditions and one in January when I was uber-excited about my new friend Dana. And the 2 weeks rated a 2 were the first week of January which is always gloomy and during the Reno tournament.

My thinking is that writing is a relatively harmless way to release anger and resentment. So, when one writes more, it is likely because he has some anger he wants to let out. When one is happy, he is probably busy and probably gets enough time sharing the joys with actual friends, so there's less of a desire to broadcast it to the world (or at least the part of the world that sees one's posts). Of course, if this starts getting to be a money-making thing, I don't think this theory would apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs