share

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Am I crazy?

Of course. But what do you think makes me crazy?

The craziness that's on my mind now is that I've been seriously thinking about relocating for awhile. It took me so long to adjust to life in Warner Robins; how am I going to make it in another new place? I am slow at making friends and in Warner Robins I now do have a couple of good friends - Mo, Emory, Cindy. Two of my best friends and favorite bridge partners - ramesh and sean - are moving out of Atlanta soon and it may be about time for a change of scenery for me as well.

As much as I like traveling, I get traumatized when I have to move. When I moved from Athens to Valdosta when I was 5, I didn't talk to anyone for a year. then I finally met Casey and became best friends. When I moved to Atlanta for college, it wasn't so bad because there were just so many people that were in the same position as me. When I moved to Warner Robins, I had some of my best friends to still see on weekends in Atlanta and I could go 2 hours to my parents almost any time. But considering a move to Boston or New York is a lot different. I don't feel like I can handle it right now, but I think I need to. When I moved to Warner Robins, I sort of decided that if, after 3 years I wasn't attached to someone local, I would move to a big city where there are opportunities to meet people and to experience that big city lifestyle. I sort of got that while at Tech but not really. For a long time, I thought I was going to be attached, but such is not the case, and that's a good thing. It's not that I am unhappy with my job or where I live. I'm just afraid that I will be unhappy soon and I want to do more with my life and live in a giant city while I am still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs