share

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Green Space in Big Cities

When I lived in Atlanta, I used to love spending an afternoon at Piedmont Park. I could go by myself or I could go with a friend and throw a frisbee or baseball around a little bit. I found it very relaxing to go and walk around, maybe bring a book to read, or just watch the people and the dogs. I miss that now because in Warner Robins or Macon, there's nothing like a big green space to go and walk around and see all sorts of people.

I think this is also a big part of why I have been interested in New York, Boston, and Montreal. Each of these cities has a big park in the middle of the city. There's Central Park in Manhattan, Boston Commons in Boston, and Mont Royal in Montreal.

Yesterday and today I've been wanting to go hang out at a park but the closest thing I could find is the Shops at River Crossing, which is basically a strip mall.

3 comments:

  1. The river walk in Macon is a nice place to go on a sunny day. And it ends at Central City Park, where there is plenty of room to throw a frisbee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really not good for people-watching, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm ... if "people" don't go there because it isn't good for people watching ...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs