share

Share/Bookmark

Monday, February 1, 2010

New Roommate Means More Travel Plans

Roommates can be fun. Roommates can be annoying. Roommates can be good friends. Roommates can be invisible. For those unaware, I had a roommate in my house for about 8 months last year, from February to September. It started out as an attempt to find a new friend or find a new place to direct my bitterness or to create a new distraction in my life, which didn’t seem to have much going well. It turned out to be little more than an extra $425 spending money. I hardly knew he was here. He normally was gone to work before I woke up and asleep before I got home, and he never left a mess in the kitchen (a dirty kitchen is my #1 pet peeve with roommates). A few times he was known to be waking up for work on a Saturday or Sunday as I was coming home from a long night out.

So, as I prepare to allow the same guy back again this year (his job was like an 8 month contract and then he went back home to south Florida for a few months and is back on a new contract), it’s not because I need a distraction or am in need of friends or just want someone to be around. I’ve been extremely happy for several months and I’m excited and optimistic about the opportunities that lie ahead. Most of the people responsible for that have been mentioned in here, but I don’t think Sean, Dana, or Natalie has been given their due praise.

Anyway, the extra income again should ensure that I meet my budget goals for traveling. Well, I don’t actually budget such important things, but it’ll help me not feel guilty about being a frequent flier on cross-country weekend trips or overseas trips. The trip to the Reno national bridge tournament March 17-21 was already booked, and a late May trip to Europe is in the search for good deals phase, now I look to add a trip to Boston late this month, and maybe an NYC trip in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs