share

Share/Bookmark

Friday, January 22, 2010

Future Career in Journalism?

The one thing I regret most from my 4 years at Tech is not getting involved with the Technique, the school newspaper. Writing is something I’ve always liked but actually being a journalist never really crossed my mind and no one encouraged it, probably because most people didn’t know about my writing skills/interest. As I stay here in Warner Robins, I’m thinking that when I make a job/career change, it will be to teaching or writing – teaching French or writing about sports or a critic of some sort. That time certainly isn’t here yet and I don’t know when it will come, but there will definitely come a time that I want a new full-time job and I want to be prepared for a smooth transition when that happens. I am glad that I got something formal from my interest in France – a minor, which will qualify me to teach French or get into a Master’s program in French at some point. As for writing, I don’t know. Maybe these blogs and a few articles I have on associated content will be a good starting point for getting a journalism job or admission to a graduate journalism school in a few years, but for the forseeable future I'm an engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs