share

Share/Bookmark

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Friday nights lameness is not allowed

I think I have learned to accept that Friday nights and Saturday nights in Warner Robins may be and frequently are boring and lonely. I still cannot accept spending a Friday or Saturday night away from home be as lame as it is at home. Actually, not just Friday and Saturday, but any day. Tonight I had sort of thought I would spend the evening calmly in my hotel room relaxing and sleeping early, for I have a 7:45am flight back to Atlanta. The last 4 nights here in Philadelphia for the World Bridge Series have been long and fun-filled, mingling with many different people including but not limited to Sean, Dana, Meg, Alli, Capp Jr, Minimeck, Sam Nystrom, Laura Ginnan, Man Henbest, and other bridge players I have been introduced to and forgotten names already.

But I guess the adrenaline will get me through tomorrow since I am going to the homecoming game at Georgia Tech, after what will wind up being about 2.5 hours of sleep. So, in theory Sunday and Monday will be the relaxing days for me. I kind of wish that I could go on a trip and come back not totally exhausted, and I often think it will end that way, but it never does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs