share

Share/Bookmark

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Address, Please

If you know me well at all or have been a reader for awhile, you know
that bad communication is one of my pet peeves. A negative response or
a response that you don't know or don't want to talk about whatever
was asked of you is better than no response, even if it's way after
the fact. No exceptions. While that hasn't really been the cause of my
frustrations, it has exacerbated many frustrations.

Anyway, I presently am in the office to get my CAC card renewed, where
I have been since 10:40. I knew it would be an inefficient process -
that's typical for a government service - but some things, like where
to and what to bring were just awful. The website says to sign up for
an appointment but once here, treat everyone like a walk-in. Also,
they never give an address for this place. It's a big base and the
building are not numbered in any particular way so building 767
doesn't help much, but that's all they gave. And maps of this place
with building numbers are apparently very hard to find. I'd even say
it's impossible to find a map if you're off base like I was this
morning when I got the reminder of this "appointment." so, you ask,
why not just ask a colleague. They don't know where the CAC renewal
place is, either, because it has moved so much.

This reminded me of a class I had to attend last year at SRC, again
with no address given or even a spelled acronym. My boss directed me
to the Smith recreation center on base. It turned out the class was at
Scientific Research Corporation.

Also, in some job applications I've filled out lately, they ask what
my current work address is and I have no idea. And can't find what it
officially is anywhere. My pay check is from Pensacola -everyone just
refers to my work place as building 226.

I tend to think I am extremely good at being resourceful and finding
information so if I'm struggling with it, it's a seriously flawed
system.
Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Are you working for Scientific Research Corporation? I didn't think so. One of my best friends just took a job with them in Charleston.

    "Donor know or donor want"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't. my iphone apparently makes mistakes at fixing my typos. it doesn't help that i usually don't bother with apostrophe's when pn my phone.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs