share

Share/Bookmark

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Who is Vision AIrlines

A few weeks ago, I started trying to figure out how I was going to get to the spring national bridge tournament in Louisville in March and was not pleased when I saw that Delta was charging $339 for a Friday to Monday trip and Bing.com said there's virtually no chance that price is going to decrease. Now, I'm as loyal to Delta as anyone, probably only because it flies almost everywhere, I have lots of Delta SkyMiles, and fly mostly out of Atlanta, but for a 500 mile domestic trip, that's pretty high. Frequently you can get cross-country flights for less than that.

I found no other airline that was flying this route until happened to run across an article on macon.com about Vision Airlines. They have 1 or 2 round trips per day between Atlanta (ATL) and Louisville, KY (SDF). Also, Vision is planning to revive commercial service to Macon, GA on March 25. Many airlines have tried this and failed but Vision is planning to start flying twice per week between Macon (MCN) and Destin, FL (VPS).

Anyway, I've booked a round trip from ATL to Louisville on Vision Airlines for the first Thursday to Monday of the Spring NABC. It cost all of $119 and will be on a 30-seat propeller plane. Exciting. But if things in the next few weeks go down the way I am currently expecting, this will be my last time making my own frugal time-crunched travel arrangements for going to NABCs. I need to learn to start calling them NABC's instead of Nationals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs