share

Share/Bookmark

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How to Travel Leisurely

I used to be a good traveler. I mean, I used to go lots of places just to see the place back when I went with my parents a lot, and even in college I did a lot of traveling just to see a new city and wander around, get a sense of the culture, and maybe go in a museum or something like that. I still maintain that my favorite trip was when I went to Interlaken, Switzerland with Mike, Neha, Kathy, and Leah. It was a 3 day weekend during our study abroad in Metz, France, and that is one gorgeous place. We had no real plan or idea of what we wanted to do but we got there and found a nice bed and breakfast place and decided to try canyoning. Even though it was the middle of June, way up there in the Alps, the water was still frigid. Canyoning, walking around that cute town, playing silly card games was so much fun.

Since I started working, almost all of my trips have been either for bridge or to simply see family, only to rush back home so I don't use up too much vacation time. Basically only the last 2 Christmas trips - a cruise to the Bahamas and a trip to Biloxi - have been my only non-bridge trips. I miss that. I'm going to be a better traveler/tourist. Hopefully, a potential new job will allow me to be more of a tourist and take away some of the urge I have now to have trips that are so crammed that I don't have time except for the dinner break between sessions to do anything touristy. I mean, this is fun but I'd really like my trips to be a day or two longer so that I get a little tired of bridge and have time to do other things when I go to Orlando or Louisville or wherever bridge tournaments take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs