share

Share/Bookmark

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fall Tournaments and Travel

August has gone by quickly and it's time to start looking for exciting things to do after the labor day regional this week.

August was fun (not as fun as July which is always the best month of the year) and included playing in 2 sectional bridge tournaments and 2 local tennis tournaments. This week I'll be at the regional bridge tournament in Atlanta, apparently playing 5 days, which will actually be the longest I've played at a regional, and my playing time will be split with Alli and Bryan.

For the fall, there seems to be a lot of interesting things. On the non-bridge scene, I wanna go see Third Day perform in Alpharetta on Oct 1. I want to go to GT homecoming against Clemson Oct 29 and the Thursday night game against VT Nov 10. Who wants to accompany me to any of those?

GT homecoming coincides with the Charlotte regional, which is disappointing, but I think GT homecoming will take priority, as long as some of my friends will be going too.

The game against VT is conveniently scheduled at the beginning of a long weekend (Fri Nov 11 is Veterans Day) so I'm thinking I may fly to a regional (Virginia Beach or Daytona Beach or Niagara Falls) the morning after the football game.

I guess I'll go to the Seattle NABC around Thanksgiving. That will be a good time to catch up with Hitesh, Arwa, and any of the others who migrated from GT to Microsoft.

I've always been disappointed the there are no regionals scheduled to end on Columbus Day (Mon Oct 10 this year) but this year there is one - Ottawa (Oct 10 is Thanksgiving in Canada). I really want to go to that tournament via Montreal with Shaz.

Sadly the league voted to keep the men's 4.0 tennis league Saturdays at 9:30 rather than moving to a week night so I still won't be making to to more than about half of the matches.

I also feel like I'm due for a Europe trip but that probably won't happen this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Top Sites

Travel Blogs